NHS England and NHS Improvement have provided the following resources to help communicate Coronavirus information to people with learning disabilities and people with autism.
- Public Health England easy-read document
- coronavirus – how to stay safe poster developed by Photosymbols to support people with a learning disability, their families and carers
- video guide to hand washing produced by the ‘Purple All Stars’
- easy read Public Health England guide to shielding
- easy read social story about social distancing
- easy read changes in my routine.
- face mask exemption cards .
- Supporting your child through COVID-19 and social distancing
- Supporting Neurodiverse Children In Challenging Times Such As During Self-Isolation
- Home isolation support ideas
- Indoor activities
- Sensory circuits
- How to run a successful sensory circuit
- Mindful breathing
- Mindfulness cards
- Daily routine
- 30 day Lego challenge
- Social story
- general information about Coronavirus and how to stop the spread
- keeping away from other people – new rules from 23rd March
- advice about staying at home
- ‘shielding’ – advice for people who are most likely to be very poorly if they get Coronavirus.
- Getting NHS help when you need it during the coronavirus outbreak
- COVID-19: guidance for residential care, supported living and home care
- COVID-19: Supporting people with a learning disability
- the full range of Public Health England and government Coronavirus guidance in available on gov.uk
Children and young people:
Easy read guidance
Public Health England has published the easy read guidance:
Other Public Health England guidance: